Sunday, February 20, 2011

Dreaming of Spring

Having spent the majority of my life on the Gulf Coast, I am positive I have seen more snow and ice thus far in 2011 than the sum total of my previous 38 years.  Nashville has had its share, and it seems I am either running from or into it wherever I go. . .  While working in Kosciusko, MS - I watched 5" of that white flaky stuff fall in the course of a few hours. Believe me when I tell you - Central Mississippi isn't really sure WHAT to do with 5" of snow!  Later the same week, I found myself outside of Paris, TN where the low temp dipped alarmingly near the 0*F mark - quite the shock to my system. 


Hopefully (fingers crossed behind my back), Spring is just around the corner.  I spent the last week working in and around Birmingham, AL where it has been beautiful and sunny.  I squeezed in a trip to Oak Mountain State Park for a hike down to Peavine Falls and got a few decent shots.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment